I am Abbie Thoms from Sudbury, Suffolk. This is my personal blog full of stuff I do and find helpful and interesting. I also run Polyspiral Graphic Design in the centre of Sudbury, have a look a my work there: www.polyspiral.com
- Going through some old photos
- Stormy walk in Sudbury, Suffolk
- What I can and can’t eatCan’t eatMilk, butter, whey, cheese, caffeine, coffee, walnuts, whole pasta, brown rice, or mega high fibre foods, beaf, gelatine, marrow, squash, sheep’s dairy.Can eatPotatoes, mushrooms, normal pasta, white rice, white bread, bananas, honey, soya, tomatoes, goats cheese, sour dough, gluten, eggs, cocoa, peas, chicken, turkey, rabbit, pork, apples, cabbage, pok choi.Won’t eatFish or any sea food, lamb.
- Tescos organic food, non recyclable packaging
- Home made yummies
- I just love this piece of retro futuristic art by Aaron Wood
- Dogs in gardens in Acton, Sudbury
A request to all those with dogs in Acton, Sudbury, Suffolk.
I go to bed really early, because I get up early, sometimes that’s about 9.30pm.
I am a self employed person and work really hard.
I love dogs as much as anyone and I understand leaving them outside is fun and exercise for them. But please be mindful that they will bark, even the odd ‘woof’ is enough to wake a person up or interrupt falling asleep. Especially in the hot weather where having the window open is a must when you need to sleep comfortably. Even ear plugs are not enough to prevent the sound of barking getting through, and waring them every night makes my ears really saw.
Last night, as result, several dogs in near by gardens were left out till about 11pm, that might not seem late to you, but if like me you work hard and look after yourself by getting enough sleep, then this is a real problem in the hot weather. It’s not fair to be either boiled alive in one’s own sweat or repeatedly woken, resulting in not being able to fall asleep till 1.30am, doing a days work on four and a half hours of sleep really isn’t an easy thing to do. A lack of sleep can cause health issues to.
So dog owners please be considerate to other poeple. Something as seemingly harmless as leaving your dog out late can cause sleep deprivation, health issues and for the self employed – productivity and thus income. By all means let your dogs out so that van relieve themselves, but please bring your dogs in by at least 9.30pm for the sake of other poeple as I’m sure I’m not the only one this is affecting.
- Organic vegan chocolate spread
- Organic produce wrapped in plastic!
- Brita excess plastic packaging